Hello, From The Pineapple Team!
We hope you had a good week! We'd like to take a minute to recognize that there are some crazy things happening in the world as of late. Though these events are unfortunate, we'd like to wish you our best wishes. We will get through this together.
We understand many of you may be at home, and the days are starting to blur from boredom, we get it. In this week's blog, we decided to show you a delicious recipie that may keep you occupied for the time being. Pineapple macarons! We hope this adds a bit of fun to your week(s)! Without further ado, let's get started!
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ cup of sugar
- Yellow gel food colouring
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- Whip egg whites until foamy, then slowly add in ¼ cup sugar. Whip for 8-10 minutes until stiff peaks form. Add in gel food colouring and combine.
- Sift together powdered sugar and almond flour. Whisk to combine.
- Add powdered sugar mixture to egg white mixture, then fold together until batter flows off of spatula slowly but continuously – see video!
- Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a round piping tip, then pipe out macarons onto the mat (or parchment paper-lined baking sheet). Let sit for 20-60 min, or until “skin” forms on top. Macarons should be tacky to touch, but not wet.
- Bake at 300F for 20 minutes, or until macarons remove cleanly from the baking sheet. Do not underbake!
- (1 cup) softened butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 T pineapple juice
- ¼ cup finely chopped pineapple pieces
- Whip together butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Add ¼ tsp salt.
- Add in pineapple juice and pieces, then continue whipping for 3 min.
The pineapple tops were piped out green candy melts You can plainly see that it doesn’t have to be perfect. As long as you have 3 strands people will get the idea.
We hope you've enjoyed this week's blog and please feel free to send us your macaron creations on Instagram @thepineappleeverything. Stay safe, stay inside and We will see you next week with another blog. While you're here, check out our 3 favourite products of the week!