Hello, From The Pineapple Team!
We hope you had a good week! We'd like to take a minute to recognize that there are some crazy things happening in the world as of late. Though these events are unfortunate, we'd like to wish you our best wishes. We will get through this together.
The good news is that Mother's Day is here! Today is a perfect day to show your appreciation to your mothers (or mother figure!) The not-so-good news is that online shipping orders all over the world are taking a bit longer to deliver to your home, but no need to worry. Today, we're going to show you the most delicious recipe for Charred Pineapple Jalapeño Margaritas that just might be a game-changer your Mother's Day! Without further ado, let's get started!
- 1 cup (154 g) sliced pineapple, plus one round slice for garnish
- 2 jalapeños, divided
- Cooking oil, for brushing the grill
- 120 ml of water
- 120 ml tequila reposado
- 6 ice cubes, plus more for the glasses
- 45 ml of lime juice
- 1-2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
1. Warm a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat, and brush it with a light coating of oil. Once hot, place the 1 cup of pineapple slices, 1 slice of pineapple, and 1 jalapeño on the grates, grilling the pineapple until there are prominent grill marks. Grill the jalapeno until almost all of the skin is black, then place it in a small bowl covered with a saucer or plate, to steam.
2. Once both items are grilled, set them aside to cool. Meanwhile, add water, tequila, ice cubes, lime juice, and agave nectar to a blender pitcher. When the pineapple is about room temperature, add the 1 cup (154 g) pieces to the pitcher. Then scrape the blackened peel off of the jalapeño, and remove seeds and stem, adding the flesh to the blender.
3. Pulse blender until it is a rough mixture but not pureed, then set it aside. Take out two small saucers, lining one with water, and another with the salt and chipotle stirred together. Get out two rocks glasses, dunking each one gently into the water, then rolling the edges in the salt/chipotle mixture.
4. To finish, fill each glass with ice cubes, a few slices of the remaining jalapeño, and a piece or two cuts from the grilled pineapple slice. Hold a mesh strainer over the glasses and pour the margarita mixture through it, dividing it evenly (you may need to push some mixture through the strainer). Lastly, enjoy responsibly!
We hope you've enjoyed this week's blog! Stay safe, stay inside, and we will see you next week with another blog. While you're here, check out our 3 favourite products of the week!